Best Butt Exercises for Women – Bridge Exercise
Are you a beginner? Or a veteran who wants to get back to basics? In this installment of “Best Butt Exercises for Women” Amy will be describing some of the best exercises to build your workout around.
These are glute and leg emphasizing workouts that are sure to get you going in the right direction.
Start small, use great form and go from there. Best of luck on your journey to a firm, toned backside.
THE BASIC BRIDGE EXERCISE
We’ll be targeting your glutes and hamstrings with this great beginner butt exercise!
- 1. To start, lie flat on your back. I recommend using an exercise mat or at least a carpeted floor, so that you don’t hurt your back.
- 2. Next, bend your knees and separate your feet to about the width of your hips. Extend your arms across the floor, still lying flat, with your palms on the floor.
- 3. Breathe deeply and lift up with your hips and push them upwards, to the ceiling. Press downward into your heels, but be sure not to squeeze the glutes during this movement.
- 4. As you are coming up, let out your breath. At the peak of the bridge exercise, stop and hold your position for 10 seconds.
- 5. Now, lower yourself back down to the starting position. Take another deep breath as you come down. Then, repeat this 4 more times. You should have done 5 total bridge exercises by the time you are done.
At that point, switch to another exercise from our Series “Best Butt Exercises for Women”.
INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO: BASIC BRIDGE EXERCISE
Video and Main Image from Jessica Valant Pilates