Bottoms Up for Abs Exercise Tutorial
The bottoms up is a great addition to your ab workouts, because its simple, effective and different than what a lot of people already do.
It combines the reverse crunch as well as the hip raise, so in that aspect it is innovative and fresh.
It’s also very simple to perform and can be done anywhere, anytime. No equipment needed.
Continue reading for our step by step explanation and short instructional video.
HOW TO PERFORM BOTTOMS UP
- 1. Start by finding some flat, open space and, optionally, grabbing a padded exercise mat to make this exercise a more pleasant experience.
- 2. Lie down flat with your legs and arms straight at your sides. You are now in the beginning position for this exercise.
- 3. Next, to begin the exercise, tuck your knees inward, towards your chest. Flex your knees and hips during this movement to make sure you’re targeting the correct muscles. Now, extend your legs so that they are right above you, at about a 90 degree angle. They should be perpendicular to the floor.
- 4. Finally, elevate and rotate your pelvis bone, so as to allow your butt to lift up off the ground. Hold this position for a second or two before returning your to beginning position.
- 5. Repeat for your recommended number of repetitions.
Check out Best Ab Workouts and Ab Exercises for more great additions to your ab workouts. Best Ab Workouts and Ab Exercises.
BOTTOMS UP INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO
Bottoms Up – Demonstration by Champ Akarawut put together by Fight Vision